Being Actionable: How to Improve Your Social Media ResponseApril 8, 2014
5 Email Design Elements for Great Lead NurturingApril 17, 2014
Balancing your day-to-day business operations with an optimized online presence, a refined business strategy and an effective marketing campaign — not to mention keeping up-to-date with the latest industry trends — is exhausting and borderline impossible for one businessperson.
Unfortunately, these tasks are all of equal importance and must be handled with care. Think of them like flowers – if you want to see growth, you can’t say “I’m too busy to water them; I’ll take care of it in a few weeks.”
These five Google tools can help you become a Jack or Jane of all trades, providing you with intuitive features and insightful information to help you grow your business.
They’ll have you saying, “where have you been all my life?!”
Webmaster Tools (for site administration)
Not sure whether your site is performing as it should? Not sure if your site is “healthy” from an SEO standpoint? Webmaster Tools allows you to monitor your site’s traffic and SEO.
- Email Markup Tester – Validate structured data contents of an HTML email
- Google Places – Get noticed by the 97% of consumers that search for local businesses online
- Google Merchant Center – Upload product data and make it available to Google Product Search
- PageSpeed Insights – Learn how to make your web pages load quickly on mobile devices
- Custom Search – Create a customized search experience for your site
Google Think Insights (for marketing campaigns)
Think Insights provides a wealth of resources for improving your website and overall business strategy. It allows business owners and industry professionals to learn how to grow their business through case studies, findings, tips and examples. It also provides analytics and ad campaign tools to maximize your site’s effectiveness.
Full Value of Mobile – Ever wonder if your business could benefit from developing a mobile site or application? Part of Think Insights is a calculator called “Full Value of Mobile” that will tell you how much a mobile site would be worth to you. This useful tool can help you learn how your customers interact with your brand.
Google Trends (for business strategy)
Want to find the words, themes or ideas you should be using in your content? Want to appeal to the younger generation? Trends allows you to search the latest buzzwords and hot industry topics. You can browse by date or category.
- Explore – With the Explore function, you can search trends to see their popularity by time and location.
- Google Correlate – Google Trends also includes Google Correlate, where you can see a trend’s increase or decrease over time.
- Search by Drawing – You can even use the Search by Drawing function – draw a graph and get search keywords that match your creation.
Google Keep (for Google Drive on-the-go)
As a business owner or manager, do you need to be more organized? Google Keep is an app that connects to your Google Drive and can be synced across all of your devices. You can keep your documents, spreadsheets, notes, memos and photos in one safe place that you can access anywhere, anytime.
Get Your Business Online (for up-and-coming SMBs)
Are you a small, medium or local business looking to put your name on the map? Do you need an online presence? Get Your Business Online was created by Google to help local businesses gain an online presence and, in turn, support local economies. The company even offers these businesses free hosting for one year. This resource also includes helpful lessons and event listings.
You can thank me later!
And for more hands-on help with your website development, mobile site optimization, marketing endeavors or social media presence, contact the SkyRocket team.