4 Things IT Solutions Providers Need to Know When Marketing to HealthcareMay 25, 2016
Generate Online Leads for Your Technology Company with Pay Per LeadJune 28, 2016
If you’ve come to the conclusion that you need to hire a technology marketing agency for point of sale marketing, barcode marketing, or other solutions provider marketing, the next step is to find the right one.
Just a like any vendor, distributor, or reseller you work with, your technology marketing agency must be a partner. You will work together toward the same goals, and your businesses should align in significant ways. Here are five questions you should ask to reveal whether a technology marketing agency has the potential to be a good partner for your business.
- Does the technology marketing agency speak your language? Lack of familiarity with your industry is a deal-breaker. The agency has to understand what you do, your competition, your partners, and especially your customers and prospects. And yes, they also need to know the tech-speak and acronyms you use on a daily basis — and be able to interpret them for end users. You don’t want to take the time to teach an agency the basics of point of sale marketing or barcode marketing. Find one that already knows your industry.
- Is the agency an established business? Do your due diligence to make sure you are partnering with a legitimate, experienced business. Make sure the agency has a website, social media presence, and can provide references and samples of its work. Speak to other clients if possible to make sure the agency delivers what it promises.
- Does the agency fill your competency gaps? Before speaking with agencies, make a list of the work you can keep in house and what you need an agency to provide. Make sure the agency you are considering can provide all of the services your business needs. Marketing can encompass a wide variety of services, such as content writing, website design, search engine optimization (SEO), online lead generation, email newsletters, drip marketing, graphic design, analytics, and more — and not every agency offers everything. Look for one that provides what you need.
- Does the agency have processes in place? The answer to this question can tell you whether the agency will be easy to work with and can help you control costs. Ask about schedules and timelines, how they share information with clients, how they handle asset creation, and how they measure success. Processes are a sign you are working with an experienced company that will provide you with efficient service and predictable pricing (especially if it’s charged by the hour).
- Do you get along with them? Getting along with an agency involves more than just whether you could stand to have dinner with them — although that doesn’t hurt. Look deeper and evaluate whether they have been responsive when you have called, if they asked questions, and if they seem interested in your company and your success. Also, make sure their strategies and goals for point of sale marketing and barcode marketing align with yours. Are you looking for someone only to provide content and send newsletters or do you need someone who can talk strategy with you? Make sure both you and the agency envision the potential partnership the same way.
The choice of a technology marketing agency can make a huge impact on your business — for better or worse. A well-informed decision can enhance your brand’s image and lead to business growth. Thoroughly evaluate the agencies you are considering by asking the right questions so the partnership you enter into will be a productive one.