7 Basic Tips for Effective MarketingJune 23, 2012
10 Great Reasons to Use WordPressAugust 10, 2012
Have you been contemplating ways to build your content marketing? If so, we have a simple answer that can help grow your business and raise awareness in your industry.
A recent article from the Search Engine Journal runs down some tips for writing an effective white paper so you can gain possible customers for your business.
- Choose something unique – Too often people are found writing the same information over and over and over again. The facts that you present are old and redundant. Choose a unique topic that hasn’t been written about in too much detail yet. You’re the expert in your industry, so write like you are.
- Do the groundwork – If we’re being honest, when most people see a fact or statistic listed in content, they are more likely to believe what they are reading. Research your chosen topic and find statistics to help support it. This will let your reader know that they’re reading something with substance, rather than just someone’s opinion.
- Write for the layman – Think back to when you first started out in your chosen industry. You probably weren’t familiar with all of the terms that were being used by more seasoned people in your company. With that being said, write your white paper with fairly simple English. You don’t know if the person reading your content has been around for a few weeks or a few years. Avoid jargon that people may not understand.
- Promote it – There’s no point in spending the time to write a white paper if no one is going to read it. Clearly display your company logo and contact details. After the white paper is completed, spread the word to your mailing list and to your supply chain.
- Deal with the fallout – Although you may feel strongly about the topic you’ve written about, others may not be as convinced. Be prepared to hear from your competition or people that disagree and have facts to back up your stance.
By writing a white paper, you can gain new customers by asking them to leave their information before receiving a copy. This will give you a probable list of people interested in your skill set. A well-written white paper can also help you be seen as an industry leader. So what are you waiting for? Start writing today!