Have you been debating on whether or not you should use WordPress? A recent article from AfterShock Inc. discussed 10 reasons to use WordPress. Using WordPress is an easy, intuitive solution for your business website.
With unlimited customization options, and a short learning curve, WordPress has become one of the most highly rated and widely used Content Management Systems (CMS) available. Below are 10 great reasons why we believe you should use WordPress as a CMS platform.
10. It has amazing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) features by default. If you want more SEO, it’s easily done by installing a couple of plugins, such as the All-in-One SEO Pack or Remove WWW plugin.
9. It has an easy admin interface. The WordPress administration interface is the easiest and most intuitive by far. It’s much easier to use than Joomla or Drupal. Unlike Joomla and Drupal, your work area is more clearly defined and the backend is much easier to navigate. Also, a developer can also easily install plugins to take away tedious or unused options from the default menus to further streamline options.
8. It’s standard compliant. WordPress is a w3schools.com standard compliant system. This helps to ensure search engine visibility and cross-browser availability.
7. It’s free. WordPress gives you commercial level quality and stability for free. It’s also open source, meaning that the availability of add-ons and plugins are more readily available than private label solutions.
6. Blogging is built in. If you decide to use WordPress as a CMS, then you know you don’t have to worry about blogging capabilities. With WordPress, blogging is built in and is by far, the best blogging platform in the world.
5. It’s easy to install. WordPress is famous for its 5 second installation. It usually takes less than that, as most web hosting providers offer simple WordPress installation via their backend.
4. It’s easy to upgrade. WordPress has a cool indicator that lets you know when it’s time to update versions. It also notifies you when there are plugin updates. This helps to ensure that your site is secure and running as smooth as possible, while allowing for quick one touch updates.
3. It offers extensions. There are a lot of ready-made free and premium plugins and themes, and the ability to create your own. These features make WordPress extensible and easily scalable for future needs without needing to completely redevelop your website.
2. Its great community offers security. The vast popularity of WordPress makes for loyal users who help keep WP secure and modern. Because it’s open source, everyone has access to the source code to help find ways to make and keep WP secure and to incorporate new features that are in high-demand.
1. It’s popular. More than one percent of all websites on the Internet are powered by WordPress. That means there are a ton of amazing plugins and themes for businesses to choose from to make your CMS system work easier.
Need a poll? There is an amazing poll plugin (wp-poll). Need a contact form? There is an amazing contact form plugin (Contact Form 7). Need a gallery? There is an amazing gallery plugin (nextgen). Need a forum? There is an amazing forum plugin (Simple forum).
There is a plugin already created, readily available and easily accessible by doing a simple web search or by searching WordPress.org’s vast line of free plugins. There are also a number of CMS-centric WordPress themes, both free and premium that can easily be installed to further customize the look and feel of your CMS. The best part is, WordPress is infinitely extensible, without touching the WordPress source code at all!